Useful Web Links
- http://world-faiths.com - information on the various religions of the world for Secondary School pupils.
- Diocese of St Albans - Schools Team - resources for loan
- Wot-Ever Scrap Store - A range of materials to assist in primary curriculum planning is available for loan to Hertfordshire teachers
- www.reonline.org.uk -
another good portal to a range of RE related sites. Also offers a range
of interactive resources - watch out for the talking squirrel!
- www.theredirectory.org.uk/ - Developed by the RE Council of England and Wales, the RE Directory is designed as a 'first stop' reference point for all who are interested in religious education.
- www.teachre.co.uk/ - RE teacher recruitment website
- www.natre.org.uk - the website of the National Association of Teachers of Religious Education containing case studies, resources and videos.
- www.humanism.org.uk/education - pages for teachers, students and parents to support education about Humanism
- www.theway2go.org -
a brilliant website put together by the highly experienced Church of
England's Children's Adviser and author Chris Chesterton. It covers
a number of topics on Christianity, including Jesus, Creation, Knowing
God and Justice. The site is written for a Christian audience, but
as long as pupils are made aware of this, this will make an excellent
resource for teaching Christianity.
- www.retoday.org.uk -
the homepage for RE Today providing with loads of useful information,
details of competitions and resources for busy RE teachers
- www.bbc.co.uk/religion -
The BBC's religion and ethics site - an absolutely fantastic resource.
Sign up to receive their e-mail newsletter.
- www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/ - Select 'primary' and 'religious education' in the search boxes for a broad range of useful videos
- www.cleo.net.uk - The RE section
of the Cumbria and Lancashire website is full of useful teaching resources
and ideas including digital video footage and the marvellous Mission
to Morecombe philosophy game!
The Hertfordshire Local Information System contains data on religion and ethnicity