RE conference: strengthening RE in Hertfordshire schools
Religious Education (RE) in Hertfordshire has a long and strong tradition of quality and creativity, but the world of RE is changing rapidly and having to adjust to new educational structures and priorities. Hertfordshire Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education (SACRE) is keen to support schools with this.
This cross-phase conference ‘Strengthening RE’ will build on what schools are already doing and inspire different perspectives and closer collaboration to ensure pupils across the county have challenging and exciting RE lessons.
The programme for the day will include keynotes and structured discussions from Katie Freeman, Chair of the National Association of RE Teachers (NATRE) and Bill Moore, Adviser to Hertfordshire SACRE, former Chair of the Association of RE Inspectors, Advisers and Consultants (AREIAC) and of the National Association of SACREs.
Ahead of the live event, there will be the opportunity to listen to pre-recorded webinars from both national and local experts in RE including Ed Pawson, Saima Saleh, Sarah Payne and Ryan Parker. These webinars will focus on themes such as worldviews, anti-racist RE and approaches to teaching and learning both in Primary and Secondary settings.
Ideally delegates should listen to two, and at the least one, of the pre-recorded webinars ahead of the live conference on Saturday 3rd July. Details on how to access the webinars will be released 2 weeks prior to the live conference.
This event is open to all, but would be of particular value to RE leads, classroom teachers, headteachers, curriculum leads, governors and Dioceses advisers.
The conference will provide an opportunity for:
- teachers of RE to listen to key updates and receive practical ideas for teaching in the classroom
- RE leads in schools to listen to updates and gain ideas for planning a curriculum
- senior and middle leaders to form a clearer understanding of the importance of RE and how it fits into the whole-school curriculum
- teachers to develop knowledge and understanding of RE curriculum
- participants to engage in discussion of significant issues
- networking with staff form other schools, colleagues and SACRE members
- further understanding of the current issues in RE curriculum development that will help to improve pupil outcomes and classroom experience of RE in your school
Please note, this event is part-funded by SACRE and is only available for schools within Hertfordshire. The standard cost is £20 per delegate.
The majority of conference sessions will be recorded and available afterwards should delegates already booked onto these events subsequently be unable to attend all, or some, of the live event on the day.