Primary science annual conference
David Allen, Associate Professor in Learning and Teaching at the University of Hertfordshire and Dr Alex Sinclair, Science Lead, St Mary’s University, will be opening this year’s conference with a keynote entitled “Superhero Scientists”. The session will explore ways to develop science capital and challenge the stereotype image of the white, male scientist in a lab coat.
The day’s programme will include a session from HfL Primary Science and English advisers on” Linking Science and English” and a science in schools showcase, featuring tips, advice and ideas on how to lead developments in schools from experienced science leaders.
This full-day event will provide participants with the opportunities to:
- review the components of a great science curriculum for pupils in their school
- explore how to inspire pupils and teachers to engage with science
- consider how to recognise and use current good practice in science teaching and learning
- explore how to develop scientific literacy
- reflect on how to develop their science curriculum to make it real and relevant
- network with speakers and other delegates
This event is open to all, but would be especially suitable for current, new and aspiring Middle Leaders and current, new and aspiring Primary Science Subject Leaders.