The Herts for Learning Reading Fluency Expo 2022
The power of reading fluency instruction
This year’s Reading Fluency Expo delegates will have the opportunity to hear from experts in the field of reading fluency sharing best practice in this fast-developing knowledge field.
Reading fluency has taken centre stage in recent years. Now the voices advocating approaches to support the development of fluency are plentiful. However, it can be hard for teachers to know where to turn to in order to gain an overview of best practice and to find out about resources and approaches that could be of benefit to their pupils in their settings.
This online event is designed to help teachers by bringing together expert voices, world renowned in this field. Throughout the day, these informed speakers will share their insights, understanding and experience.
Guest speakers will include:
- Pie Corbett and Jamie Thomas, authors of Talk for Reading
- Dr Tim Rasinski, professor of literacy education at Kent State University and director of its award-winning reading clinic
- Alex Bedford, author and Trust Primary Adviser for Unity Schools Partnership
- Lauren Meadows, author and Executive Director of Education, Greenfields Education
- Tony Taylor, Assistant Headteacher, Shenfield Highschool and part of the Essex Task Force
- Rachel Pritchard, Deputy Headteacher, Lyons Hall Primary School
- Sonia Thompson, Headteacher/Director St. Matthew's C.E. Primary Research and Support School
- Sarah Green, Literacy Content Specialist, EEF
- Kathy Roe, Reading Fluency Project Lead Adviser, HfL
- Jane Andrews, Reading Fluency Project Adviser, HfL
- Rickella Griffiths, Primary English Adviser, HfL
- Michelle Nicholson, Primary English Adviser, HfL
The conference is open to all, but would be especially suitable for KS1, KS2 and KS3 classroom teachers, including TAs and ECTs, English subject leaders, Heads of Department, and aspiring leaders / heads of department and headteachers. Delegates will have the opportunity to return to their school / setting with a greater understanding of the impact that reading fluency instruction can have on pupil achievement and how to implement some powerful strategies.
The cost of this event is £99 (excluding VAT) per delegate. All sessions will be recorded to allow delegates, who are booked on to an event, watch some or all of the sessions for 28 days after the event, if they aren’t able to participate in some or all of the live event on the day.
Existing HfL customers: Book here
For new customers: Book here
For further information or booking enquiries, please contact the HfL Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 544477.