Accessing the Grid website
Most of the content on the Grid website is publicly accessible but some content is restricted to Hertfordshire schools and academies only and requires users to register for a login to access it.
Registered users can login to access the Grid when they are in school, but also at home or another location*. Restricted content or documents are flagged and users are prompted to login to access them.
* with the exception of some HCC systems like Solero and SAP which may not be accessible remotely depending on whether you have remote access to your school network or not.
Registering for a login
To access the restricted content you will need to register for a login with a recognised Hertfordshire school or academy email address*
To create a login, please follow the steps detailed below.
- Please use one of the following browsers - Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Click on the Log in option at the top of the Grid home page.
- On the login page click on the link to ‘register for a login’
- On the registration page enter your school email address all in LOWER CASE. You must use your school or academy email address to register on the website. The site will not allow you to register with a personal email address.
- Enter your password which must be a minimum of 8 characters with - 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase letter and a number/or special character from the following @$!%*?&#£
- Confirm your password and submit.
- Once your account is created you will be sent a verification email to your school email address. You MUST click on the verification link in the email to enable your account so you can log in to the restricted content.
- If you don’t receive the email please check your spam, junk or clutter email folders. If the email is in your spam or junk folders then please copy and paste the link into your browser to verify it.
- Your account will be confirmed as verified.
- You should now be able to log in.
* Hertfordshire County Council or Herts for Learning staff can also register for a login using their work email address.
Accessing your school email
To access your school email via the Grid website - click on Quick Links on the home page and you will find links to Google Mail and Office 365 mail.
Help and support
A number of user guides, videos and FAQs have been created to support you with this and are available on the help page.
If you need further support, an online chat facility has been set up on the website, so you can quickly talk with a member of the team (9.30am - 4pm Mondays - Fridays)
Alternatively please use the contact us form on the website.
The Digital team
Herts for Learning